Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A pointless story, but memorable

Obviously, it's memorable.  It's over 30 years old, so it's memorable.  But pointless, just the same.  Why write it then?  I've got to write about something, even if it is pointless.  Maybe there's something there. I've spent time thinking about it sometimes and wondering.

By the way, there's not much to the story.  It is quite a bit of nothing.  A nothing burger, if you will.

You may recall that I had a job while in college, and I was working in a retail establishment.  There was this bar next door.  As I never drink, I never went in there, but a couple times for change or something like that.

About closing time one night, this chick walks in.  It is quite obvious that she is a drunk as a skunk.  She can barely stand up.  She could talk and she asks a few questions and seems to act real friendly and everything, but it was late and I wanted to leave.

After I had had enough of this, I call the boss.  It was standard op to call in when at closing time anyway, but this night was a little different with this chick in the place.  The boss gets the police on  conference call, and I describe the way the woman was acting, so they sent a car, and took her home.  End of story.

See?  Not much to the story.  So why did I remember it?  I recall observing to the boss that she seemed to be trying to get herself taken advantage of.  The boss opined that if anything like that happened, the poor dude may be in for a rape accusation.

Memorable for that?  Don't know.  For some reason, I think about this chick from time to time.  Was she trying to get me to take her home and go for some "extracurricular" activities?  I mean, what else was she doing?  She could have left, since there really wasn't any point in her to continue hanging around.

Some may say:  So why didn't you?  To tell you the truth, there wasn't going to be any way that was going to happen.  This was a public place, and you cannot overtly do something like that.  If that was her plan, then it was flawed for that reason.  If anything happened to her, there would have been witnesses, you see.

Oh, is that the reason you didn't?  You woulda if you coulda, wouldn't you?

Who knows?  Maybe.

It's just that the woman was messed up.  If she had to get drunk in order to get laid, then what was her problem?

There was a problem there.

I like problems, too.  Maybe I would have liked to help her solve hers.  But I never saw her again.

What the f88k.


No comments: