Monday, May 18, 2015

Majorities and morality

I saw earlier in my news scan that I do each morning that Ireland may vote for homosexual marriage.  It seems that this is the latest rage in Western countries, if you count Ireland as a Western country.

Anyway, the reaction I have to that is so what?  A majority does not make a thing right.  Is a lynch mob right?  The South owned slaves prior to the Civil War.  A vote was taken here in Texas in order to join the Confederacy.  Was that right?

People are confused, yet they probably don't realize that they are confused.  They're confused because a majority does not make morality.

At any rate, even if I am the only one in the world left to criticize this, I will continue.  Even if someone threatens to kill me if I don't comply or agree, I won't comply nor agree.

I won't be moved by a mob.


No comments: