Sunday, May 17, 2015

Going through the motions

Keeping up all the old routines.  On Sunday mornings, I go get some groceries.  Later, its laundry.  Preparing myself for the new work week just ahead.

Isn't that what we all do?

I haven't been in a church since I was a kid.  I know that I've railed against homosexual marriage, but isn't that what the preachers were supposed to do?  Now they don't do that.  I don't know that for a fact, but if "America's Pastor" Joel Osteen speaks favorably of the Lesbian Mayor of Houston, you can probably guess that most of the pastors aren't saying anything against the behavior.  So, what exactly are today's pastors doing?  Just going through the motions?  Pretending to be something that they really aren't?

Should I go to church?  Not from what I'm seeing.  When my parents took us to church when I was a little kid, the preacher gave a "fire and brimstone" type of sermon.  I didn't like it.  It turned me off to churches.  But maybe because I was a kid  and didn't understand.  Eventually you have to grow up and stop being a kid.

If there are any fire and brimstone type preachers, I may consider it now.  I think I understand now, but its a bit late, I'm afraid.

Been going through the motions, you see.  Eventually that will end as all things do.


No comments: