Saturday, February 14, 2015

Off-Grid Living Experience - Day 1: No Electricity, Water or Gas

LDS Prepper

I've watched three videos now in this series.  There may be several more, and I will tend to them after writing this.  This video is the first, and then you can watch the rest if you are interested.




Update:

I did watch the rest, and here's the video summarizing his findings.




Update:

Some notes on the video before I forget about them:

  1. He used far more electricity than I thought was possible.  He was talking about 7 kwh per day.  That is a lot.
  2. He used an inverter that was far smaller than I would have thought he needed, yet he seemed to get away with that.
  3. Gasoline can keep for up to two years with stabilizer.  Interesting to know.
  4. He had a video on how to convert to natural gas.  Try to remember to watch it.
  5. He used more water for his garden than what I'd thought he would.

No comments: