Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The drudgery of writing

It begins to seem like burnout.  Not too long ago, maybe just a couple weeks, I decided to get more content by writing whatever comes to mind.  But I can't stick with it.  Maybe it seems like too much work, I don't know.  Couldn't stick with it.

I'm censoring a lot of my thoughts. Another thought is rumbling around my cranium at the moment and that is about the "expected" decision from the Supreme Court on same-sex marriage.  It struck me that conservatives have already forgotten why Roe v Wade was bad law.  This new finding of a "right" that has never been mentioned before in the Constitution is a amazingly similar to Roe.  Yet, if the reports are right, the Court is going to do exactly what it did in 1973.  So, what have the last 40 years been about, anyway?  The Court is about as conservative as it is going to get, but they cannot overturn this?  It is so depressing that I couldn't write about it.

So it goes.

It leads me to believe that this society is like an aged person about to die.  The mind goes first before the body does.  The people at the top have lost their minds, there's no question about that in mine.  Maybe this country is just too doggone old, and has become collectively senile.


No comments: