Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The silly season is officially over

Now that the politics are behind us ( for now ), life can go on.

And so here it is...

Prev  Next

This goes into the post hole subtopic thread in the off-the-grid series...

After a lot of thought, I bought some PVC pipe last night.  Plus some fittings.

If I hadn't mentioned, I got my generator.  I've got all of my drill bits ready.  I need a grounding rod for the generator, plus I need some oil, as it is a 2 stroke engine.

The plan for digging is flexible.  It largely depends upon how things go out there.  I could go with shallow holes, or as deep as 29 inches.  I feel some confidence that things will go well, as the hole could be shallow, and the idea could still work.  I am a little bit worried about the strength of the PVC, though.  May add some rebar, but haven't decided on that yet.

If the drilling is pretty easy, I may go the full 29 inches.  If not, I may go only about 8 inches or so.  That's a lot of flexibility, I'd say.

Nearly all the purchasing is done.  Almost ready to make the trip.


No comments: