Saturday, November 8, 2014

Late start today

Well, not exactly.  I've been puttering around doing a little of what I can do in the early hours.

But I'm not up to par.  Didn't sleep well because of a pain in the backside.  Yep, I've got one of those.  Arthritic tailbone discovered in an x-ray exam a couple years ago is the likely suspect.  I might have aggravated it on the job last week and it isn't coming around.  Don't know if I'll take off a few days to see if that will help it feel better.  May have to change some sleeping habits too, so that I will favor it a bit.

This may impact my trip out to da ranch.  I certainly hope not.  It's getting mighty close to the time that I should be getting ready for that trip.  One of the things I did while puttering about was to check my owner's manual for my generator.  I need to know what kind of oil to buy for the 2 cycle engine.  Check on that one.  The other thing is to make a grounding cable and rod, which didn't come with the generator.

By the way, yesterday I found two bolts in the trash.  These will be useful for making my cross beam for the canopy.  I can drill in at about a 45 degree angle, place the bolt in, and add cement for a permanent job.  Also, I was considering changing my building plans yet again to get something that will be constructed on each trip out there.  As of now, it will be permanent.  The new plan is just to make the holes and the cemented block permanent.  Each time out, I will place the PVC in the holes and make the canopy.  Each time I leave, I will take the canopy down.  This way it isn't exposed to vandals or thieves.

Posting may be light.  I've got things to do.


No comments: