Thursday, July 17, 2014

Generally speaking, I hold religion to be a good thing, but...

Those who have read my blog will probably recall that in my early adulthood, I considered myself to be an atheist.

That changed, but some things don't.  I have always been somewhat leery of organized religion.  Still am, as a matter of fact.  It seems that a tiger cannot change his stripes no matter what he does.  He still a tiger all the same.

That last post by Barnhardt, well, I just don't know.  If you have one thing in your character that isn't perfect, you might as well be sewage, I suppose.  This is the kind of thing that sends me off in the opposite direction.

Sorry, but I just disagree with what she wrote.  Those who may read her stuff may like it, and so do I, but this one is just over the top for me.  If that means parting company with that kind of thinking, then so be it. It just ain't going to be my cup of tea ever.

It really isn't any of my business nor Ann Barnhardt's business what somebody's failings are.  Maybe someone's spouse will care, close family member will care, but at some point, there has to be a line drawn.  We have too many people sticking their noses where it don't belong.  Even the government is watching us like it is really any of their business.  Sorry, I don't care what the rationale is, nor the justification, if it is none of your business, then butt out!  If somebody rejects me because of some failing I have, then I say, screw you then!  I don't owe you any special consideration despite your disapproval.  And you can take your disapproval and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Sure, we have to answer someday for our sins.  But not to Ann Barnhardt nor any other asshole who may have an opinion about it.


No comments: