Sunday, February 24, 2013

Calorie ( nutritional ) conversion to kilowatt-hours

Given that I have a Bachelor of Science degree, I should be able to verify if this is accurate.  But I can't do that, so my degree is worth what, exactly?  Anyway, here's the conversion, at least according to the website cited below:


http://www.asknumbers.com/EnergyWorkConversion.aspx




Don't know about you, but that surprises me that the average number of calories used per day is equal to that much power. A kilowatt-hour of power is plenty. Let's see how we can compare this to something that may make a bit more sense.

A one hundred watt light bulb shining continuously for 24 hours will use 24 * .1 kw equals 2.4 kilowatt hours of electricity. About the same number cited above for 2000 calories.

Do you believe that?  Your energy level is about the same as a 100 watt light bulb.



No comments: