Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Don't know if I'll do this myself

But I guess I can write a little about it.  I've been looking up some ruthenium plating information on the web.  It looks like you can do this yourself or find someone to do it for you.  The idea was this:  based upon the videos I watched yesterday, I would set up an apparatus just like it in order to hydrolyze water.  Once I get that to running, I would then start to experiment with methanol solutions and using ruthenium as a catalyst.  I would be interested in seeing what kind of yield I could get for a similar sized apparatus.

Update: 3/2/11 approx 9:15

What I've seen with these hydrolyzing videos is that this isn't going to produce anywhere near enough hydrogen for running a car.  But this was with water and it is not the same technology as JPL was discussing in the pdf file that covered previously.  That's another item on the agenda.  In the meantime, I'm busy with other stuff.  Don't know when or if I will get to this.  A lot of it depends.

No comments: