Sunday, February 27, 2011

Field of Dreams

What if you had a moment like in that movie, where you don't know if you've completely lost your mind and you don't why you are doing something, but you feel that you must do it anyway?  That pattern occurred again and again in the movie, so it must have been a theme.  And what was that?  Should you follow your dreams no matter how crazy they may seem?  Was that the message?

Well, here I am, after nearly six months of writing in this blog, and it doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint.  To keep going on is crazy, yet I don't want to stop.  It is my Field of Dreams moment.  This may be the last chance for me, at age 55, to do anything crazy like this.  Because if I do continue this long enough, it may well be the end of me.  That is no exaggeration.

I've tried making the blog better and better so that people "will come", but they aren't.  So, it's just time to decide how will it be.  People aren't going to come here because the blog is well written, or that I'm an expert, or maybe anything practical or useful at all.  If anyone comes at all, it may be for a feeling similar to what the movie was talking about, with respect to coming to watch the ballplayers no one else could even see.

Tomorrow was kind of a drop dead day as far as blog goes.  If I continue from now on, I may just go bankrupt.  Not tomorrow, but the trends are in that direction.  This is no longer a practical enterprise.  From here on out, if I continue on a full time basis, it will be on a Field of Dreams basis.  I don't know if I can do it, to be frank.  What I can do for sure is to make it a hobby.  But if I do that, can I devote the time to it in order to see it through?  This requires a decision.  It is not enough to just write something once a week or every few days.  This needs full attention for at least a while longer.  That's what I have to decide and decide it soon.

No comments: