Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some blog housekeeping

At over 300 posts now, this blog is becoming more and more of a challenge to keep it organized.  So, I did some revamping today.  Come to think of it, I make changes every day to this blog.

Yesterday, I added a few links to my left sidebar, one of these was a translation link.  If you want to translate this blog into another language, just go to the Google Translate link on the left sidebar.  

Today, I have reorganized my labels.  I want to keep the topics in 4 major categories with a few minor ones.  The majors are politics, markets, arts and sciences.  The minor ones are anything else.  The general idea is to find what interests you within those topic areas indicated by the labels.

I have added a Google search feature to the blog as well.  And a search page.  It may be redundant though. The search blog is just the blog.  The other page is searching the web.

Update: 1/6/11, approx 8:30 am cst

There has been something of a ad hoc redesign of this blog.  It should be completed now.  There is a new picture at the head with a caption, "Houston, We have a solution".  This is in keeping with the philosophy that I would like to impart to the blog: the spirit of finding solutions, not dwelling on problems.  To put it another way, to look upward to the stars as opposed to keeping one's nose in the mud.   In addition, I have deleted some stuff which was cluttering up the page.  It should be a cleaner look and a faster load onto the screen.  I've kept enough stuff here to be useful or interesting in some way.  Plus, I didn't want too much white space nor commercial stuff.  There's plenty of content now with over 300 posts.  The posts are organized, so a reader, if interested, could browse through a lot of stuff here.  I hope my readers like it.

No comments: