Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Japanese Candlesticks

This is a trading system which some people believe in a lot.  As for me, I have not had all that much luck with it.  I'm not saying that it is a bad system.  Perhaps there are merits in any system.  There's a way of putting it: either it's a bum territory or you're the bum in the territory.  When it comes to Japanese Candlesticks, it could go either way as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not conceited as to think that I am without faults, nor so brilliant as to think that the system isn't any good even though I may be using the system incorrectly.

Here's an interesting post at Kitco which discusses using candlesticks.  The author, Gary Wagner, believes he sees a bullish pattern.  Gold prices are up today and the news is about inflation.  This post was written several days ago, so did he accurately predict a rally with the candlesticks?  One day doesn't make a rally, but if inflation does come into the picture, a rally should be expected.  We'll see.

No comments: