Friday, January 21, 2011

Don't let the light blogging fool ya

It may not look like it, but I stay pretty busy working at this blog.  For instance, I've been reading and studying "Floating to Space" by John Powell of JP Aerospace.  Also, I've been working on a parody song that I may put to music and video via Xtranormal.  This stuff takes effort to do and a lot of time.  In the meantime, blogging suffers a bit because this is a one man operation and I'm it.  I can only do one thing at a time.

If JPA (JP Aerospace) is successful in their concept, it will have big ramifications.  The chief of which is that space will then become commercialized and more than likely, colonized.  Think of what that could mean if it were to happen.  It will change human history in ways we can't even imagine now.

If Bussard's Polywell device works, same thing.  It might well be useful to review what I've posted on the next big thing.  I believe that it will be energy related because if the energy problem isn't solved, nothing else will likely be either.  It is my opinion that the entire economy going forward will depend on solving this problem.  If a solution isn't found, it won't be good.  The solution could come from nanotech or biotech- but there is a definite solution that doesn't require an entirely new order of technological advances.

That is, space exploration.  It is not considered to be the case, but that is only because of conventional wisdom getting in the way.  Space can be conquered if the will exists.  At present, there isn't any.  Not from the population at large, nor the politicians.  There are entrepreneurs working on the problem though.

It is also my opinion that if we rely on the government to do this, we may have a long wait.  It has been an essentially government run operation for the last 50 years, yet here we are still stuck in low earth orbit.  If we wait for these guys, we may never get there.  The best we can hope for from the government is if they don't get in the way.  That prospect is anything but guaranteed.  To the contrary, that is the big hurdle: getting the government out of the way.

Update:

I hereby explain my use of PHD in my label PHD an attempt at erudition or wittiiness.  It means Piled higher and deeper.  It is poking fun at excess cerebral nonsense.  It is also an attempt at being honest.  Even though I think I am a pretty smart guy, I know I'm not nearly as smart as I think.  But at least I am humble. lol

See also conventional wisdom.

No comments: