Sunday, December 23, 2018

Workaround for the data spikes


There may be a way to continue that would not be too difficult to implement.  Here's the
procedure.

Wait a minute.  Should I divulge my tactics?  It would seem that an adversary may use counter
tactics in response.  This is telegraphing the punch, so to speak.

But this isn't anything fancy.  It is pretty simple, actually.

The phone has a data enabler button.  If you disable it, no data can come across the transom
so to speak.  Therefore, I load a page for reading, and once it is loaded, I turn off the
switch.  Whatever it is that is causing the spike can no longer draw down my data.

I did this yesterday, and I used only 120 megabytes.  This is still more than what it should
have been for what I did, but it was a big improvement.

Anyway, the malware is at bay for the time being.  What to do about that?  Could do a hard
reset of the system, including the computer and the phone.  This may clear the malware,
but I would have reload my software.  A pain in the butt.

As you were, and carry on.

No comments: