Thursday, December 27, 2018

Data spike type of post 12.27.18


The title is kind of a joke.  It is something like an Uncle Waldo type skit that one of the
radio stations in Houston used to do on their morning show.  Uncle Waldo would be a certain type of person, you see.  So, I am adapting the type of person characterization to the type of post as a kind of a joke.

But it is no laughing matter.

There was another one yesterday, but it wasn't alarming because I deliberately had the guards down for awhile.  Sure enough, it appeared again.  This time, I was not on Google.  At least, I don't think I was on Google.  I have been picking on Google, but I don't know if it is specifically them.  It seems like it is Google, because I spend a lot of time on the blog when I am editing a post.  Recall that it seems to happen when I am editing a post?  So, what is it about editing posts that makes the computer vulnerable to this type of attack?

I am online when this is happening.  Yesterday, I wasn't on Blogger, which is owned by Google. Therefore, it wasn't Google.  I was doing something.  Yes, I was doing some editing type of work, so I was online.  My computer was exposed while I was doing this, and there was an attack.

Therefore, I cannot pinpoint the source of the attack.  Unless it is Verizon.  They are
providing the internet service.  I have picked on them before, but I thought otherwise.  Now I am picking on them again.  But it may not be Verizon nor Google.  That's something to keep in mind.  Just because you are suspicious of someone or something doesn't mean that they are guilty of anything.  They might be, but you haven't proven it yet.  Therefore, it is merely a suspicion yet unproven.

But there is no doubt that something is happening.  Whoever it is that is behind it wants to accomplish something, but what is it?

If the data is spiking, it means data is crossing the line between this computer and the
outside world.  It means that somebody may be taking data off this machine and putting it
out there, or taking something out there and putting it on this machine.  Either way it is
bad.  I don't know these bad guys, whoever they are.

Like I said, no laughing matter.  What this means is that they could be attempting some type of control over what I do.

It reminded me that once upon a time, I lived in Houston, and there I had unlimited data.  This kind of thing could be happening to EVERYBODY ALL THE TIME.  If you aren't trying to control what goes into and out of your computer, it means that ANYTHING could come into and go out of your computer.  You have no control over it.  That's the point.

You people may think it is only me, and maybe I may be a bit paranoid about it.  Okay, but keep in mind that the only reason I know about this is because I have a limited data plan.

Maybe you people should be a bit more concerned.

No comments: