Saturday, September 30, 2017

Obligatory, 9.30.17

All dressed up and nowhere to go.

I was going to go to work this morning, but the car seemed to have a problem, so I stood down.  If there's a problem, I don't want to be caught out there stranded.

It turned out to be a dead battery.  Problem appears to be fixed.  But it cost me a day's work and the cost of a battery.

When it rains, it pours.  At least it happened in a good place.  Better here than in Philadelphia.

Next week, I go back to Irving for a follow-up MRI for my proton therapy treatment.  I think I am doing much better, but an MRI will show what's going on for sure.  Hopefully, the news will be good.

This NFL thing has gotten way out of hand.  Little kids are now "taking a knee".  If this is what our future holds, then I am glad I won't be around to see it.  But it is truly sad.  This is a great country, and it is being destroyed by people who do not have the best interests of the people at heart.  Do these people "taking a knee" really want to have this country become like Venezuela or Zimbabwe?  Many people who bad mouth this country really do not know what they are saying.  Or if they do, they should never be trusted, for their intentions are not good.  Does Shannon Sharpe, former NFL player, really believe what he said after the opportunities that he had in this country?  Would he have found these opportunities anywhere else?

If this is truly about a real problem, will these people show where the real injustice is?  Because of those celebrated cases, I could not see where their problem was.

It looks to me like a bunch of people are now engaged in faddish behavior.  It is a serious matter.  If you lose your country, what will you do?  You must honor and defend your nation.  You wellbeing and very life may depend upon it.




No comments: