Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Time to get serious

Oh, yeah.  I'm loving it, but the fun has to end sometime.

So, the serious stuff is what I am doing these days.

I'm working again.  Or trying to.  Stuff keeps happening, so I am not very efficient at all.  Perhaps nothing much can be done about it, but I "endeavor to persevere".  ( another joke )  Not ready to declare war yet, but one of these days...

The water experiments are concluded.  Based upon what I learned, I may be able to construct a device to reclaim water.  But all of that takes time and money, which is in short supply.  I will continue though, as always.

It has rained lately.  With my tarps in tatters, I can capture rainwater again.  It filled up a ten gallon waste container even though there hasn't been all that much rain.  It proves to me once again that significant amount of water can be captured this way.

I don't suspect water to be a big problem out there anymore....

Been thinking about the other big problem for the "moonshot".  That is, power.  Housing construction is set to be designed that will take care of some of that problem, I hope.  I was thinking the south side of the place should be open to sunlight, but not in the summer time.  In the summer, the sun must not enter.  How?  With large enough overhangs, it will be possible.  I have noted that a ten foot tall roof will need about three feet of overhang to achieve this.  This is just enough to keep out the sun, but not too much that it keeps it out in winter.  An "open side", with lots of glass, will admit the sun, and help keep it warmer inside during the winter months.

In such a scenario, the trailer cannot be used.  An entirely new structure must be built.  Aye, yi, yi.  More money.  I'll figure it out.  One of these days.



No comments: