Friday, March 24, 2017

Some impressions of this area

The first reaction was negative.  However, the first reaction may have been more of a disorientation from being in a new place.  Now that I have located a lot of places to go, things are not seeming quite so bad.

One impression has nothing to do with DFW.  It is the Microsoft search engine called "bing".  It sucks.  Google is better.  I saw a couple places now on a bing search that weren't there.  Nothing worse than wasting time looking for a place that isn't there.  That doesn't seem to happen with google.  Therefore, I do not recommend using bing, at all.

Today's weather is rather windy.  So was yesterday's.  If you don't like wind, perhaps you would prefer another place.  This is close to Tornado Alley.  The weather forecast today was said to be rough.  It looks more windy right now than anything else.  Little rain.

These streets have a lot of four way stops.  On a busy traffic day, that can be quite annoying as people don't seem to like to wait their turn.

The freeways are quite confusing to a newcomer.  I don't know how people react to Houston's freeway system.  As a comparison, it seems to me that Houston is better than this place.  It is more consistent and logical to me.  This place has the road names changing all the time.  There's a lot of toll roads that you may get trapped into paying.  I can see good reason to avoid the freeways if at all possible.  But then the streets have all these four way stops.  That too, can be annoying.

Not enough signage.  Houston will warn you about tolls better than this place does.

Irving is said to be the most "diverse" city in America.  Whatever.  I do not subscribe to the conventions these people say you must adhere to.  Diversity is just another word for globalism to me.  If you read this blog, you know I don't trust the globalists.  Globalism is like corporatism.  The left likes to rail against the corporations, but they are on the take, as well as the so-called right.

I think it is great to be getting this treatment, but I would rather be somewhere else.  As soon as I can, I will leave this place.

Know what I mean, Vern?


No comments: