Thursday, March 23, 2017

Obigatory, 3.23.17

Finally.  Treatment is now underway.  After the first day of this, I feel tired.  Probably because my diet has been off, plus maybe a couple other things not related to the treatment itself.

As for the treatment, it seems to be easy enough.  It is radiation treatment, which is non-invasive.  I did not want them cutting me up.  That option seemed way too hard.  This tumor has been around for a long time, and it is rather large.  An operation would have left a "big hole", so I was told.  I don't like "big holes".  Something about that sounds ominous.  This treatment leaves no holes, few signs of anything at all.  Some hair loss in the region is all.  During treatment, there may be something like a sunburn.  Don't feel anything like that, yet.

I get rather bothered watching the news.  It is insane out there.  During this treatment, I may go offline on the political stuff.  I want to be in the right frame of mind.  Yesterday wasn't as good as it should have been.

The people here are great.  Very nice and kind.  I am doing as okay as one could hope for.  Let's hope that it all continues this way.


No comments: