Sunday, July 10, 2016

Demolition king in exile

My latest project is to remove the largest items remaining.  Of these, one is an old recliner.  I don't want to have to pay somebody to help me move it, so I am taking it apart piece-by-piece.  I have thrown out the back part, now the bottom part has to be cut down to size, and then it can go out.  Once I finish cutting away the heaviest metal part, it should be down to manageable size.

Many years ago, I bought a van for use as a delivery vehicle.  It had some shelving in it that I didn't need.  So, I tore it all out of there, and number one said afterward that I had a satisfied look on my face.

I must have missed my calling.  I like to tear stuff up.  Fixing stuff really doesn't work well for me, but tearing it up sure seems to.

Update:

Nearly done.  The chair is demolished, and mostly in the dumpster.   Don't know if I look satisfied, but I'm glad it's gone.



No comments: