Friday, January 22, 2016

A mass of contradictions am I

Two recent posts seem to run counter to each other.  In one, I am cocky, the other not so sure of myself.  Which is more true?

They are both true.  But experience has taught me not to be so sure.  Things have a way of going wrong, and in a big way too.

Nevertheless, I think I have been right about things a lot.  Yet, it doesn't seem to help me.  Reminds me of something that I read somewhere on the net-  being right isn't enough.

Won't do you much good to be right when you can't do anything about it.

What are the things I am right about?

I've advocated an Article V convention to curb national power.  That's gaining traction.
I've advocated nuclear power and space colonization.  That's gaining traction, too.
I've hailed Donald Trump as the eventual GOP nominee.  He is going to win.   Good or bad, he's the next president.
I've long predicted a stock market collapse.  It appears to be on the horizon.  They cannot keep this bubble inflated forever.

Those are the things I remember.  None of these will actually help me personally.  Maybe the stock market thing will, but on the other hand, the system could be so corrupt that you never see that money.

So, I can be right, and be a real badass in that respect, but at home, things are not going well.


No comments: