Monday, April 27, 2015

Home again, 4/27/15

Home again, home again, jiggedy jig.   Been awhile since I had that feeling after a long day behind the wheel of the van.

It was mostly because of the long commute home.  It took me at a half hour longer than what I think it should have.  What can I say?  This one may have been on me.  I got impatient with one way and chose another, which was undoubtedly worse than the first.

I missed something while I was gone, and I'm kinda glad I did miss it.  Somebody died, and they found him in the restroom at work.  Imagine coming across that.  I was glad I wasn't there to witness that one, and what came after.  Not that I didn't like the guy, he was eminently likable chap.  Once upon a time, many years ago, I stumbled across what I think was a dead guy at the entrance of a gas station.  I tell the proprietor about it, and a cop looked at me like I had something to do with it.  Well, not really, it just seemed that way.  Death seems unreal at times.  People have a hard time dealing with it.  I'm not different.

There wasn't as much curiosity about my trip that I thought there might be.  Only goes to show you.  You can drop dead like that poor guy did, and maybe somebody notices it, or maybe not.

I figured I could do my prep for moving out there during my free time.  I forgot already how little of that there is.



No comments: