Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Want to remember this

A reminder to myself that I want to think about how to use shrink wrap to make the quonset huts air and water tight.

My eldest brother, who I refer to here as "number one", expressed doubt that I could make a small RV type trailer air tight.  There may be something to that as it seems to be a problem getting the plastic and the wood and the metal to go together tightly.  It so happens that if you use shrink wrap as I've seen it used, you can make some really tight fits, as it stretches a lot, but can be bundled up into a strong stringlike structure.

I may also revisit making a quonset hut on top the of the 5x8 trailer.  I think I rejected that idea, but I may bring it back because of its simplicity.

Number one doesn't like RV's at all.  However, I think that an RV is the only thing that may work out there.


No comments: