Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The GOP will cave in on immigration ( repost )

Note:  The immigration battle went on throughout the year, so to speak.  Obama went over Congress' head, and imposed a unilateral amnesty.  Now the GOP's response is to oppose Obama next year.

We'll see how that goes, but I strongly suspect that the GOP will still cave in.  They have no stomach that would be necessary for them to be a true opposition party.

Count this prediction as a tie.  Officially, the GOP didn't cave, but they might as well have.

the original post follows immediately...


All the signs point in that direction.  They want to cave in, so they will.

Early in 2013, I predicted that the GOP will show itself to be a me too party or an opposition party.  It took a little longer than I thought.  They aren't an opposition party at all.  The pretended opposition is a ruse.

In fact, my 2013 predictions stand.  They look pretty good in retrospect.



No comments: