Saturday, December 27, 2014

Optimism for the New Year?

There's a poll out saying that optimism is running a bit high about the New Year.

These people need to get away from the propaganda.  Well, that's one of our problems.

On the other hand, they might be like me.  I'd say this past year for me personally wasn't all that bad, but I don't measure my life in dollars.  If I did, I'd say 2014 was a really bad year.  In sum, I'm working harder and getting less to show for it.

But I feel good that it could have been much worse and wasn't.  Perhaps that is too rosy scenario-ish.

I don't think the political situation is anything to be optimistic about.  In fact, things have taken a turn for the worse.

Economically, things look like they're getting better, but I think that is an illusion.

People will likely think I'm a grumpy old man, but I think it is only because I don't fall for the bullshit.


No comments: