Monday, August 25, 2014

Low Budget Camping

Voice In The Wilderness via the Independent and JWR's Roll of Essential Links

Now, how was that in terms of using this blog as a resource?  I got this link via the left sidebar of links to interesting reading and came up with this gem.  Well, I call it a gem because it restates- in other words- the philosophy that I've developed into an action plan that I'm executing and which I call my off-the-grid series.

Quote:
But unlike so many of the urban attractions, we knew that we could do our mountain exploring without ever having to pass through a ticket booth where someone collects an admission fee. For all practical purposes, the mountains belonged to the people and they were free for anyone to enter and explore.---Christopher Nyerges 
Comment:

I noticed a long time ago the tendency to automatically go to store and buy whatever it was that you needed.  Can't remember when exactly it happened, but it did happen that I realized what he is writing about here---that you don't have to spend money in order to do something.  I think we have all been conditioned to think that way, and that conditioning can be unconditioned so as to become more self-reliant and resourceful.

Okay, I'm going to bring a TV show back into the mix here, even though that is somewhat verboten.  That show was on in the eighties and it was called McGyver.  It aired just before Monday Night Football, and yes, I did like it and watched it.  I liked it because McGyver was resourceful and could solve his problems himself without having to go someplace to buy something.


No comments: