Friday, August 29, 2014

Too ambitious...

...For my own good.  How can someone like me be too ambitious?  After all, I drive a truck for a living.  Nobody that is truly ambitious can be a truck driver, right?

Well, if you are too ambitious, your very ambitions will get in the way of actually achieving anything.

In such a case as that, one has to learn how to focus and prioritize.  Taking as an example, my two previous trips out west, I managed to get little accomplished.  I may have accomplished what I wanted in just one trip, but I failed.  Why?  A lack of detailed plans that would have focused and prioritized my activities in such a way that I would have accomplished my goal ( maybe ).  I was on top on my land, but didn't even know it because
  • I did not bring along a map.
  • I did not calibrate the mileage on the vehicle's odometer, which if had been adjusted for its error, would have enabled me to conclude that I had arrived at my destination.
As a consequence, I did not accomplish my goal of actually learning something about my land.

But how is that being too ambitious?  I made of list of what I wanted to do, but failed to get much of it done.  I got into too much of a hurry, and left some important stuff behind.  Trying to do too many things at the same time is being too ambitious--- so that's what I mean.

Maybe it is the pressure.  Can't handle the pressure.  Gotta to be more deliberate and focused.

But that is too much navel gazing.  Time to get moving.  Time to make some plans!  Time to face the pressure...






No comments: