Saturday, December 21, 2013

Now, about the blog

I'm played out on the Podesta thing.  Time to move on with my agenda for today.  The next item is about the blog itself.

I've given this some thought.  If you could summarize briefly what this blog is about, then this:  What the f*^k is happening to this country?  Secondly, what might be done about that situation.  The goal of my blogging was to make money at writing this blog, but that is becoming something of a joke here.  Furthermore, I've learned that the problems in this country are much bigger than I thought when I began this blog.  When I began, I figured just a few tech fixes would set us right.  It's a lot bigger and deeper than that, alas.

The blog has evolved to its current form after about a year of experimentation.  I don't think I'll make any major changes from now on.  Takes too much of my time.  That's another thing that I've learned.  I don't manage my time as well as I should.  I spend too much time on things that irrelevant.  I spread myself too thinly.  It is reflected in this blog.  I need to tighten it up.


Who's the audience?  Who am I writing for?  As usual, I didn't think about this in advance.  The blog isn't a partisan blog.  I tend to be conservative, but I won't follow a party line.  This is an independent conservative blog, if it is anything.

Liberals are welcomed here, under certain conditions.  One, there must be civility.  Two, you are going to have tolerate criticism of your most cherished beliefs---namely that you are better than everybody else.  I know all you liberals think you are very special little snow flakes, I am not about to buy any of your BS.

Conservatives are welcomed too.  But just don't start imitating liberals.  Criticizing you isn't treason.  Let the liberals try to pull that off.

But does that answer the question?  No, maybe not.  Here's what you need to in order to come here and feel at home.  You need an open mind.  If you want an echo chamber, there are plenty of other bloggers out there who are willing and able to provide that for you.  I won't.

I don't know the future is for this blog.  If the past is any indication, it won't ever amount to much.  But I suppose I can always get a break.  We'll see.

I don't know if I offer anything unique here, but maybe this blog is unusal.  It seems like people these days are more interested in their echo chambers.  This blog is an alternative to the echo chambers.  You have to have the courage to question what you believe to be true.  Otherwise this blog will not be your kind of place.


No comments: