Saturday, January 26, 2013

Considering smartphone

After the internet outage this past week, it became obvious that I needed something as a backup.

The smartphones these days are so capable that one could replace the netbook that I use a lot.

The netbook itself is small, as far as computers go, but the smartphones are tiny in comparison.  As a consequence, it may be possible to keep the phone with me while I work, but I'm worried about misplacing it or having it fall and hit the ground, which may not do it a whole lot of good.

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos which have reviewed various models.  I haven't decided on one yet, but I'm getting close.

If there's a beef about these reviews is that they use too much tech jargon, and go too fast.  It seems like they presume that everybody knows as much as they do.  Maybe you should have a tech review for dummies or something.  It may be helpful to go through it slowly, because there's a first time for everybody.


No comments: