Wednesday, September 19, 2012

When Gold Bars aren't Really Gold Bars

via Barnhardt

You have to go to the Barnhardt site to see this video.  I wanted to embed it here, but the code provided does not work.

Anyway, the story is that a reputable dealer in gold bars has been selling gold plated tungsten as pure gold.

When you can't even trust gold to be gold, you've got a problem.  A big problem.

When nobody and nothing can be trusted, civilization will break down.

Update:

By the way, Ann Barnhardt has a post up that validates what I posted here myself nearly two years ago.

I am not upset that people don't come to this blog and go to Barnhardt's blog to read something that is very similar to what I wrote myself.  I am glad that somebody with a bigger audience is saying what needs to be said.

After all, I began this blog because I felt that something was wrong and I wanted to do something about it.

The Al Fin blog has a quote that is highly applicable here:


During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” _George Orwell

This could well be such a time.

Update:

Another typo error had to corrected.  I have a theory as to why this is happening.  This software gets slow sometimes and a line of typed text doesn't appear directly after I type it.  There's a delay of a few seconds, then it appears.  I think by then, I have already moved on to the rest of the post.  That's no excuse, but an explanation.



No comments: