Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The state of the Presidential election in Houston


What election? I don't see no stinkin' election! Seriously, there are no billboards, yard signs, nor bumper stickers. Perhaps it is too early for these. Or maybe neither candidate is going to spend much time nor money here. The key battles are elsewhere.

But Houston is probably good territory for Obama. All big cities trend Democratic, and Houston is really no different. Yet, nothing much from Obama around here. If there was, I'd have the chance to see it since I drive around town all day.

Since I don't watch TV, except football games on Sunday, I can't tell if Obama is advertising here. Or Romney either. But, I don't recall seeing any political ads for the football games either. Television is expensive. Maybe the candidates are holding back. In previous elections, there were TV ads.

Perhaps they are spending all their time and money in battleground states.

No comments: