Saturday, October 23, 2010

I hate Geico commercials

Must be a slow day, eh?  Nothing much to mention except Geico commercials.  Well, I do indeed hate them.  I hate em so much I can't stand to listen to them.  So I turn down the TV whenever they come on.  But I don't even watch much TV anymore.  I just watch football on Sundays.  For some reason, Geico loves to run their ads on the only thing that I like to watch on TV anymore.  They must  be out to get me.

The ad that almost pushes me over the edge is that one with the little pig going wee all the way home.  I wonder what kind of intellect produces stuff like that?  I figure any third rate moron could produce material like that, right?  They pay people to do this?

Then I got to thinking that the stupid schtick is really successful in that it got my attention.  All they want to accomplish with their ads is to get people to remember them.  In my own case, they succeeded even beyond their wildest dreams.  Not only do I remember them, here I am WRITING about them.  If they knew this, they would be ecstatic.  If they drove the whole world insane, they would be delirious.

I can do the moron one better.  If it takes a moron to produce that ad, it takes an even greater moron to write about it.  If being a moron gets you remembered, then go for it I say.  Evidently, it worked for Geico.  Maybe I can make this work for me too.

No comments: