Wednesday, November 8, 2023

How the Moscow, Idaho Killer Was Found - A Tracking Case Study





It is becoming more and more of an imperative to get rid of cell phones, or to limit their use sharply. These things are being abused by the Big Tech operators.

The following video shows how a suspect was tracked by using his phone data. The problem with this is that the technique can be used for political purposes, and was in fact used for political purposes on January 6th.

It may be a losing battle to discuss this with people. The few conversations that I've had with others would suggest that people are underestimating the risks and downsides to the use of these infernal machines. They may have useful qualities, but the downsides are so great that one would have to question whether they are worth having or not. As for me, I will only have one in my vehicle when I travel--and it will be off unless I need it, and it will be in a Faraday bag. A different phone at home.

People should have at least SOME privacy. But that is going, going, gone...





No comments: