Monday, October 15, 2018

The blind spots

People have their blind spots.  I know I have had mine.  That is why I came up with the phrase "the truth is a slippery thing."  When you are blind to the truth for whatever reason, you can miss it.  It can be in plain sight, and you could still miss it.

When I read some "conservative" sites, I think I see the blind spots.

There are several of those spots here in this post on Betsy's Page.  I stopped reading her blog in the recent past when she got too critical of Trump.  Since I wanted new perspectives lately, I decided to give her blog another read.

Lo and behold, a number of blind spots seem to have been discovered by the lady.  Although, she is not acknowledging the previous error in the way I think she should, she at least seems to be coming around to some slight understanding of the phenomenon.

There are several to mention here in this article.  It is a rather long article.

Let me sum up the problem concisely.  Some folks, like Betsy Newmark, cannot bring themselves to see that the Democrats are inveterate liars.  There is a reason for that, and yet Betsy cannot seem to come to that conclusion that would enable her to understand why things are the way they are.

Perhaps she does understand, but is feigning ignorance.  In that case, she is also a liar.  My blind spot may be to give her the benefit of the doubt.  At this point, at least, I don't think she is lying.  But she had better get a clue soon.  Time may be running out.

The possible reason that Kavanaugh's nomination succeeded is that the GOP's credibility was on the line.  The reason they may be getting a clue is that patience with them may getting rather thin.  They need to get on the ball.  They almost let Kavanaugh's nomination fail just because they cannot stand up to the liberal's gimmickry.

I don't know if it is complicity or not, but if it continues, it cannot be distinguished very easily.



No comments: