Monday, October 15, 2018

Bigger a-hole rule

Must be bored, because I am reading a lefty site.

It is the Mahablog, the one I have written about before.  This is where I got kicked off from commenting because I must have triggered the liberal lady there.

Maybe I didn't write about the story behind that, or maybe I did.  Anyway, it was pretty tame stuff to be getting kicked off a blog for, but that's liberals for you.  The reason I am bringing it up again is because I think their behavior is self-defeating.  What happened with this incident with the Mahablog's action in my case may have been an excellent example of the bubble they live in.  By insisting upon conformity to their point of view, without exception, they invoke the tendency towards group think.

So, the Mahablog writes up about a rule that she thinks the GOP violated in the Kavanaugh circus show.  It is called the bigger asshole rule.   She seems the GOP was acting like bigger assholes than what they were acting like.  For one thing, she is admitting that the left acted like assholes.  But, she doesn't seem to think that will hurt the Dems in the midterms, but the opposite.  The biggest aholes are supposed to lose elections, the rule says.

For Barbara O'Brien to think that must mean that she is living in her own little bubble.  Hard to say what the public will do, but she only accepts CNN's polling on the question, as opposed to other polls which state otherwise.  In that way, I think she shows that she is in a bubble.  The polls were wrong about Hillary in 2016.  But then again, they don't want to accept that outcome either.

I am looking for other things to read, because this usual stuff is getting tiresome.

Reminds me of a joke.  When someone asks you how you are doing, just say, "same shit, different asshole".  There doesn't seem to be a shortage of assholes.


No comments: