Friday, May 4, 2018

One last time, and I am done

Update:

Originally posted 4.26.18,

Updated, 5.4.18:

I am reconsidering this post, with the idea of changing my mind.  At least for the interim.  Not to be saying that I was wrong in that the country is lost, but whether or not to continue writing about it.

Perhaps it is in the interest of truth to keep writing about it, even if it is painful.  It is indeed painful to watch something that appears to be evil succeeding.  It is by no means a guarantee that evil will succeed, but the opposite.

Somehow, you have to keep the right orientation.  That is to believe in the ultimate victory of good over evil.


the original post follows:


It gives me no pleasure to write this.  But, I have always tried to write what I considered to be the truth.  No intention here to deceive anyone, but to the contrary.

So, let's just get it over with.  This country is lost.  Whatever it once was has gone.  Call it whatever you will, but this country is not the country it once was.

Trump's goal to make this country great again cannot succeed with it on the path that it is on.

It appears that a significant portion of this population, maybe even the majority, doesn't seem to think much of the rule of law.

The only way that this could be untrue is if people got the chance to see both sides of issues.  That's what the first amendment is for.  Now we don't seem to have that anymore.  It seems that now, if you don't agree with the political correctness crowd, you are in violation of some unwritten law.

This business about Trump looks as if the two party system is over.  If you cannot win an election without the threat of going to jail, I'd say the very attempt at political opposition is going to be hazardous to your health.  It is but one short step from here to political assassinations and death squads.  This was the kind of stuff you heard about that happened in other countries, not this one.

I'm not going to write about this stuff anymore.  It isn't going to be believed, anyway.  People have gotten in the frame of mind that an honest difference of opinion is evil.    It isn't about good and evil.  It is about what is right and what is wrong.  It is hard to be civilized when the other side thinks you are evil incarnate.

Come to think of it, that is what I think of them.  The feeling is mutual.  For now on, I avoid politics.  If  I write about it, it is only because I forgot to remember to stop writing about it.


No comments: