Friday, November 11, 2016

Obligatory, 11.11.16

Today was Veteran's Day. Almost missed it before somebody said something.  Yeah, it wasn't a big deal to me.  Sorry.

Not to be disrespectful, or shall I say, not intentionally so.

Still cogitating over this response to the election.  Amazing thing to see, but can't help wondering if it would have been different if the shoe was on the other foot.  There would be a lot of bellyaching.  But not like this.

Generally, conservatives don't carry on like this when they lose.  It is rather unseemly, but it is liberals, so you have to take that into consideration.  Conservatives may bitch, but they don't riot.

What else to discuss?  I mean to do more off-grid experiments, but the only thing I seem to be doing is the lowest hanging fruit.  As of today, my RV is fully set up for LED lighting.  Well, yay for me.

Another thing is that I've been practicing using less and less water.  I've mentioned that, though.

Still haven't set up my passive solar heater thingie.  I need to buy hardware, and I am putting it off.

Something just came to mind.  A question for you folks:  Is America truly a free nation?  We are certainly told that we are free, but I wonder if we really are free.  Seems to me that certain restrictions are placed upon us that lead me to believe that this freedom claim may be a bit hyped.

For instance, there are no game wardens in Mexico, or so I have heard.  You know what kind of trouble you can get into if you hunt or fish without a license?  Doesn't sound free to me!  What do you think?


No comments: