Saturday, November 21, 2015

A few lessons on how to play "I'm Your Captain" on the gitfiddle

I started to learn to play this once upon a time, but didn't get far.  The reason being that I cannot listen to something and just repeat it.  I needed the materials, but the materials provided weren't thorough enough, or I wasn't good enough to reproduce what was on the sheet music.  Whatever the reason, don't remember why exactly, but I never learned to play this song.

Funny thing, it's not that hard.  But then again, once you know something, it isn't hard.  It's just hard when you're beginning.

It helps to have formal lessons, but I didn't opt for that, but one time.  A guy taught me to play the opening to "Stairway to Heaven".  Another popular song that isn't all that hard, but the sheet music ( or something that was my fault ) prevented me from learning the entire song.

I think these videos can get somebody over the hump, and you can actually play the song.

Here's the first:



Now this dude really does leave out something.  He left off a short solo portion that leads into the finish to the song.  This next video supplies that, and it is also features a full play along with the song performance.  He doesn't try to sing it, though.  Nor supply any of the other instruments.  For that, the song is played in the background.

The next video:



With these two videos, you can try your hand at being a guitar hero.  Woo-hoo!


No comments: