Sunday, October 18, 2015

The weekend is over.

Too short like always.  Seems like today got away from me.  Don't know what it was, but after that burrito this morning, I felt groggy and slept almost until noon.  Then the football games were on, and that's enough to wipe out the rest of the day.  Spent a little time on the van conversion, but now is the time to be careful.

One thing that I found out.  If you get your own bean working, sometimes it is hard to stop it.  When that happens, it may be hard to get to sleep.

There are some tricks to get to sleep.  One of them that works for me is to learn how to relax the muscles in the entire body at once.  Not saying to snap a finger and go limp.  Starting with the toes, proceed upward until all the body is relaxed.  If the mind won't stop working, try saying "ohm" without stopping until you need to breathe.  Don't laugh, it stops the brain from working and that's the key.  The relaxed state and the clearing of the mind will help get to sleep.  Don't quit on it.  Eventually sleep will take over.

So, that's that.  Best to not get the old bean working overtime.  You need your rest.  I know I do.


No comments: