Monday, March 23, 2015

Last week at the job

Gave a month's notice, and it seemed like such a long time.  Now the end is nearly here and it seemed so fast.

I have a way out of this if I want.  But is that what I want?  Of course not.  But it cannot be denied that the future is not assured with the change that I'm making.  It is something of a risk.  Am I overestimating it, or underestimating it?  The way Wishbone talks, I am underestimating it.  Well, he suggested that I go out there and camp for awhile, and so that is what I will be doing.

However, I am not prepared.  There's just a week left and I am not prepared.  No food plan, no water plan, no way to shower, no way to do a lot of things that will have to be done out there for an extended stay.  Frankly, none of those things are that hard, it is just that I haven't done them yet.  Excuses?  Well, the job taking up all my time won't be an excuse after Friday.

Things seem to be moving in the right direction, but at a rather slow pace.  Is that a clue?  Am I trying to do too much too soon?  Or should I just pick up the pace a bit?


No comments: