Saturday, March 28, 2015

Checking in, 3/28/15

Well, what a finish.  I had a trip to Galveston for my last delivery.  It was a bad address too, so there was a delay in getting out while we worked through that problem.  I got home after 8 pm.

I am all set now on the job situation, provided that I want to come back.  As for that on the other end, it is a complete blank.  Perhaps the safest thing is to line up a job out there before coming back here.

It's going to be 30 months before I can retire, so if I were to do it now, it would be a huge stretch.

So much for the job worries.  It's preparation time.  My saw arrived, and so did my chair.  My chair didn't get delivered though, because I wasn't home.  I'll have to sit around here today and wait for it.  Don't you know that is hard to do right now?  I've got things to do and places to go.  The last thing I want is to wait around for a package to arrive.

Not only has that chair package arrived, but other things are on the way.  Like the trailer, for instance.  Plus I ordered several days rations of food.  The water situation will probably consist of a fairly commonplace solution.  Some jugs that you can  buy at the the grocery store, which are to be filled with water.

Things are coming together, but there's a long way to go with the planning.  Then, there's a long way to go for this trip, of course.


No comments: