Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Home again, 3/25/15

Still making preparations for trip.  After scanning the comments section of the quonset greenhouse on texas prepper page, I decided to scale down just a little on the size from 20 feet to 16 feet.  It makes sense to put two 8 footers together end-to-end.

There's a concern about the lack of space, as I wanted more of that.  Looks like I may have to build more sheds.  Let's say a 32 footer out of 2 16 footers, which are made of two 8 footers.

It may be better to be more conservative than to get too ambitious.

Now for procedure.  I will drop off the pallets, then go into El Paso to obtain the cattle panels.  Maybe I'll locate the other hardware needed while still in Houston.

I'll see if I can try a few experiments while out there.  One may be with the canopy and the use of rebar.

The whole trip is about finding out things, not necessarily committing to staying out there just yet.


No comments: