Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Robin Williams

Well, that's in the news.  How can you say something tasteful about it without echoing the stuff coming from the media?

In other words, how do I comment in an original way?

Actually, the comment is implicit in this blog.  When I write about humor, it is really intended to be expressed as the ability to laugh at oneself and not take yourself too seriously.  You see, I had to learn that lesson myself the hard way.  I'm not blessed with a great sense of humor.  I have to constantly remind myself not to take myself too seriously.

Was there something missing in Robin Williams' humor?  At the risk of being tasteless here, I'm going to venture that there might have been.  He may never have learned how to laugh at HIMSELF and therefore was missing that element in his humor.  He was a gifted comedian.  I'm very sorry he died, especially the way he did.


No comments: