Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pat Buchanan's assessment of presidential politics in 2016

He's not very optimistic.

He's probably right---here's a clue why:

It’s hard for me to see what Republican cracks that base that is increasingly solid Democratic – first because of demography and second because of the welfare state that now embraces scores of millions of people who look upon anyone wanting to cut government as somebody who’s going to take my food stamps away, or cut my education, or my health care, or my housing subsidy, or my income subsidy.”

Now, what does all that have in common?  Money.  The GOP is following Democrat premises.  When they do this, they lose.

Of course, if anybody ever listened to me, they could figure out a solution to this.  But obviously nobody does, and so they'll lose like they always do.

I'm telling you that if you crack the money assumption, you crack the Democrat's back.  It's all about the money, but the GOP cannot play that game anymore, and win.  Not when you control the money presses.

If you show these people another way to support themselves and it works, it's going to kill the Democrats.  The last thing the Democrats want is for people to not need them for anything.

If you can't win the ballot, you won't win on the battlefield ( should it come to that ) and only prove to the people beyond all doubt that you are unworthy.  And you will be.


No comments: