Sunday, May 25, 2014

Poroshenko wins in landslide, vows to 'bring peace' to Ukraine (UPDATES)

kyiv post via Free Republic

..."You see that all exit polls held by the most trustworthy institutions say that the elections ended in the first tour and the country has a new president. First of all I want to thank Ukrainian people who showed a record turnout," Poroshenko said. "Neither rain no thunderstorm - although a storm is a good sign - did not prevent them. I want to thank all the Ukrainians for the trust they showed in me and my team. Over 90 percent of Ukrainians voted for a united Ukraine - not a federative state. I thank very much for this too. It was a basic issue of my program; 80 percent of Ukrainians supported the European vector for Ukraine. I want to especially thank the people of Crimea who in the most difficult conditions did what they can, managed to get out of Crimea and voted. Now we can say for sure - all the country voted. The president of the whole Ukraine was elected."---Katya Gorchinskaya reporting
Looks good so far.


No comments: