Friday, October 12, 2012

The Batting Stance Guy (video)



I used to be a big baseball fan. Not so much anymore. This guy does a humorous imitation of some of the old timers from my day, like Pete Rose and Joe Morgan. Joe Morgan had the habit of flapping his arm against his side. That is what he caricatured in this video amongst others, like Rose. Some of the younger players, I don't recognize. Like I mentioned, I don't follow baseball that much anymore.



By the way, Morgan flapped his arm that way in order to remind himself of something. I like to use that as a metaphor for reminding myself of things, such as not being too sure of myself. That's because I've been wrong and I need to remember that sometimes. Just to explain why I sometimes may seem a bit self-effacing. When you get right down to it, I am not so self-effacing as all that. But I do it like Joe Morgan does it by flapping his arm. Just to remind myself that I am not always so brilliant as I'd like to believe.

No comments: