Tuesday, September 11, 2012

If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it...

Ace

I think he got that wrong, because he finishes the sentence with "...it has not fallen, for all political purposes."  Actually, it was supposed to be "does it make a sound".  For "sound" was defined as being audible by the human ear, and if there aren't any humans around, there could be no sound--- at least according to that definition.

But it is valid point, just the same.   If nobody hears it, it may as well as not happened.  Kinda like this blog.  If it is brilliant, and nobody reads it, what good is it?  But I am biased.  Maybe my blog isn't brilliant, but it deserves better than this, I should think.  I've been bitching long and hard about this, but that tree keeps falling in an empty forest too.  Oh, well.  Back to Ace.

I'd love to see the various claims of Obama and Clinton run in a Romney add with the words "LIE" or "MISLEADING" popping up, with the actual facts rebutting them.

Yeah, that's what I said yesterday.   Nice to know that Ace and I on the same page on this point.

But here's where I disagree with those who think Romney is wrong to make this about competence.  It is incompetence for Obama to run on this because the claim is so easily refuted.  The only thing more incompetent is not to use it.  So, if Romney loses, it will be mostly due to default.  He has to prove his own competence as he demonstrates Obama's.  This is something Dukakis couldn't do.  It is a good strategy only if you can execute it.  It's not a bad strategy per se, or just because Dukaka couldn't execute it.

No comments: