Sunday, September 9, 2012

Milton Friedman Puts A Young Michael Moore In His Place

I included the description because this isn't actually Michael Moore, but someone who is like Michael Moore in his way of thinking.

Uploaded by ScrewJJ on Feb 21, 2010

Milton Friedman Puts A Young Michael Moore In His Place
*Update*
Holy cow! I never thought this video would get so many views. I uploaded it as a joke - this is not the real Michael Moore (although if you add some neckfat it would be hard to tell the difference). I meant "A Young Michael Moore" in the sense that a child who is great at basketball is a "Young Michael Jordan". Nevertheless, I'm glad it stirred some debate in the comment section, it's a great back and forth between Friedman and the kid, IMO. I thought the metaphor would be obvious, seeing as how the kid is a skinny redhead, while Michael Moore... well, isn't a skinny redhead. I apologize for the confusion.

Friedman does a good job to knocking this kid's arguments in a cocked hat, as it were. Too bad that we don't have a Friedman anymore who could do this as well as he did here.

What I'm referring to the real Michael Moore's arguments in his movies. First, this video, then I'll carry on with that thought.



You see, one of the things I did yesterday was watch Moore and Hannity together, and after thinking it over, I think Hannity didn't do a good enough job with Moore. People on the conservative side look up to Hannity to provide some leadership here, and I think the best he could do was a draw.

After watching Moore and Hannity on YouTube, I decided to watch Moore's movie Capitalism: A Love Story.    It is just like Roger and Me, which I reviewed here recently.  Moore is a gifted propagandist.  The main thing to remember about propaganda is that it isn't truth, but it is taken as truth by the gullible.  That's what Moore is preying upon--- the gullibility of his audience.

It is too bad that Hannity could not show why Moore isn't enlightening anybody, but inciting people instead.  Incitement isn't enlightenment, but the opposite.


No comments: