Saturday, June 2, 2012

General Thoughts on TEAC4

Aren't any.  Funny thing is that there's not much news out there about the conference.  Was there a news embargo, or was it a matter of little interest?

I did find a twitter thread on the conference.  But nothing much was reported there.

It should have had a writer blogging the event.  Somebody should have been there.  I couldn't go.

I'm curious about some things
  1.  Fluid reactors in outer space? Is it practical?
  2.  100 MW plant fits on an 18 wheeler.  I calculated 16k could be served by it.  Is that accurate? 
  3.  Could chemical power be inherently dirty?  That is, given the rather concentrated power of nuclear.  The presumption is that nuclear is more dirty than chemical.

Update:

I found something about TEAC4 on Facebook.   Anybody not on Facebook might know nothing about the conference.  It does have 8000 likes, but 8000 isn't that big of a community.

    No comments: